Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fun with Leftover Socks

I made these adorable sock creatures out of some fancy socks from our local Gold Toe outlet...you can really spend some serious cash there once you start collecting sock animal hides!

Here are the creatures I came up with:



These guys almost all have new homes--The grey kitty on the left was sold on etsy, and the buyer blogged about him here (I hope he is enjoying his new home and all of his new friends!).

The middle tow were given as gifts to my niece and nephew, and I couldn't part with the little brown pup. The last one on the right isn't a sock at all--he is made from a mini glove, and somehow wandered into the picture.


The book Stray Sock Sewing has some really cute ideas, I was inspired to make these after leafing through the book at Barnes and Noble :)


If you have any random socks lying around, you can combine them with a bit of fiberfil and some whimsical additions and make sock cuties of your own!

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute!! Really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those are too cute! How creative of you.. I love stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both of the Stray Socks books and absolutely love the darling little toys in them. One day, my girls and I are going to have to just play with these patterns. Yours are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creatures Samantha!!! You are very talented indeed :o)

    ReplyDelete