Thursday, January 13, 2011

FO: Fetchings from Knitty

I love this pattern--it is my "go to" fingerless glove pattern, since it works up so quickly and fits just about everyone. The pattern is Fetching from the Summer 2006 issue of Knitty.

The yarn is a rich red cashmere -- "Pure Cashmere" from Debbie Bliss. Super squishy and soft. The put-up for Pure Cashemere is pretty short--under 50 yards per skein, so I used two full skeins and broke into a third. I did add a few extra rows of cabling, though so may have made it with just two skeins if I followed the pattern as written.
Gifted to my favorite sister-in-law.

Side note about the yarn. If you asked me if I liked Debbie Bliss yarns, I would probably say they are "OK", but after reviewing the projects I have completed in the last few years, I realize that while I buy DB yarns as much as any other brand, I tend to use them more frequently -- so I guess they are more of a favorite than I thought!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment