Wednesday, January 19, 2011

FO: Quilted Tote Bag

I made this quilted tote bag for my mom--it is a great way to use up little pieces of cute fabrics and fun buttons.

This tote is lined with Warm & Natural cotton batting and a marbled solid fabric -- I hand quilted the top layer and the batting, then added the lining so it is smooth inside.

I may make another in vintage fabrics -- I have so many little snippets it will be a great way to put them to use.

The finished piece contains 30 different fabrics and over 50 embellishments, it was a lot of fun to make!

Need directions? 
Free pattern here!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! It's beyond cute. Thank you for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very vibrant colors. It's lovely. That would be a good use for scrap fabric.

    P.S. Thanks for subscribing to my blog. The yarn you were inquiring about is. Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece.

    ReplyDelete