|Make your own bath bombs at home.|
Stuff you'll need:
Supplies (Makes approx. 4 round or 6 heart shaped bombs):
- 4 cups baking soda (same stuff you use for cooking)
- 2 cups citric acid *
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 2tbsp olive or other oil
- Witch Hazel
- Fragrance oil of your choice
- Pink Food coloring (optional)
- Clear Plastic Acrylic Fillable Ball Christmas Ornament
- Clear Plastic Acrylic Fillable Heart Christmas Ornament
- Large mixing bowl
- Empty spray bottle
- Pour the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Add fragrance oil, a few drops at a time, until you are happy with the amount of scent. For a batch this size, a teaspoon or so of skin safe fragrance is enough. You can also use essential oils, as long as they are skin safe.
- If you are using food coloring, add a few drops to the mixture and blend it in with the spoon. You can use your hands if you prefer.
- Pour the witch hazel into the spray bottle, and spray it onto the bath bomb mixture. Spray a very small amount at a time—if the mixture starts foaming, you are using too much. Use the spoon or your hands to blend in the with hazel, a few spritzes at a time.
- Pick up a handful of the mixture and squeeze it in your hands. It is ready to mold when it holds together like a clump of damp sand or snow.
- Quickly pack some of the mixture into both halves of an ornament mold. Press it in firmly, and squeeze the halves together with firm pressure. Carefully remove the piece from the mold, and place it on a wire rack to dry.
Your bath bombs should harden up and dry in about a day or so, depending on how much witch hazel you used, and how humid your home is.
- To use, simply drop one finished bomb in a tub of water, and enjoy!