Things you need: (Makes approx. 50 handmade soap petals)
1 bag of faux rose petals in any color
4 ounces of clear glycerin soap base
Rose-scented fragrance oil (or other scent of your choice)
Microwave Safe Bowl or glass measuring cup
Rack for Drying
|Faux petals come in a wide variety of colors.|
Things to do:
1. Cut the soap into 1” chunks, and place in a microwave safe bowl
2. Microwave soap for 30 seconds, and stir. Continue heating until the soap is entirely liquid.
3. Stir in fragrance (about 1 tsp, adjust to your preferred scent level).
4. Use your fingers or tweezers to dip the rose petals into the soap one at a time to coat.
5. Place on the rack to dry.
6. Once dry, you can put the petals in a decorative bowl, or package them in cello or organza bags to give as gifts or favors.
7. To use, wash your hands with a petal. Discard after using.
You can vary the scent and color of your finished handmade soap petals by using different base petals and scents—just be sure any product you use is skin safe.