Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MIP: Minions in Progress

So, the kids are in love with Despicable Me. We rented it from Red Box and ending up keeping it. Since we don't have TV, I hadn't seen any previews or anything. We've all been so sick recently, they have been watching this once a day --they are minion addicted!

Since this was out a while ago, I haven't had much luck finding them any little toys or minion-y things, so I am making some pocket sized minions!

Here is one little guy in progress. I am writing up the pattern as I go, in case you want to make your own, I'll post it to the blog with some step by step pictures as soon as it is ready.

MIP: Minion in Progress

He is knit in the round with floss, because I wanted him to be shiny--but the cotton and small diameter makes these go sloooooowly! I am adding eyes when all three are done--I think I will crochet the goggles and use googly eyes in the right size...more pix and free pattern later this week!

 You can see more fun projects by visiting Tami's Amis for WIP Wednesday!

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the final minion! I love Despicable Me :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I haven't seen the film, but it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! My gosh. Mr. Right and I just watched this for the first time last week (I expect sentences like that will be less embarrassing after we have kids...) and LOVED it. And your minion is perfect! Can't wait to see him in all his goggled, googly-eyed glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ADORABLE! I can't wait to see it finished. I have yet to see Despicable Me, which is so odd because I usually see most animated movies in the theater.

    Paula, nothing wrong with that! I always see animated films and I don't have kids. I have an animation degree actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the movie, but this is adorable! The shaping on his little feet is making me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all--if you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it--you could watch it with your kids or your grandma and all have a good time!

    They are taking longer than I thought, the size makes them a little fiddly--and wow, DMC cotton has no elasticity at all, ouch!!
    I am trying to finish one for FO Friday--simply cause having a deadline keeps me moving along :)
    Thanks, everybody :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! Can't wait to see him done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's hilarious. I love the idea of a homemade minion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the minions! What a cute knitting project. :) How many minions will you knit?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids love the minions. Too cute! I can't imagine knitting with the floss...of course I'm afraid of tiny needles.

    Looking forward to the finished minion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore these, how fun and the movie was adorable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously loved that movie, I can't wait to see the finished minions and will take a peek at the pattern and maybe make a few myself. =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. "It's so fluffy, I could die!"

    Yes, we've seen the movie a few times. (Okay, more than a few.) Your minion is adorable. You are brave to use embroidery floss:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cuuuute! I've seen a few adorable minion hats, too. Those little guys always crack me up.

    ReplyDelete