Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday

2 projects on the needles today, hopefully finishing this week!
First up is a pretty and soft cowl for me! I have gotten a ton of use out of cowls this cold winter, and think this one will add a little sparkle to the dreary days we're experiencing:
100 yards of pretty!

The yarn is a gorgeous mohair and silk blend with sequins from Artyarns, called "Beaded Mohair and Sequins" and the pattern is the Yarn Harlot's "Pretty Thing". My third go at this pattern, more detail here.
I hope to be done this one by the weekend, and will start the Breaking Dawn Hoodie next.

Also in progress, a cardi I started last fall, then wandered away from. I want to finish it already! This is Knitty's Mr. Greenjeans made with Noro Taiyo. Love the yarn, it is a non-scratchy cotton blend, and its only taking 3 skeins to make, even accounting for matching the colors. I have to finish the second sleeve, then this one is done! (well, I need buttons, but I have a gazillion of them around the house).

The sleeve I finished!

Detail shot of front and yarn.

12 comments:

  1. I love your sweater, it's gorgeous! I have yet to feel Noro's cotton blend. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is stunning. I am so impressed at how you are lining up the colors. The cowl with sparkles is going to be lovely, too. You're making me want to go to the yarn store...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 your stitch marker. :) (and your WIP, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, folks! Unforth--I made a whole set from polymer clay as a gift...and made a dupe set for me, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that yarn that is all sparkly and white. The sweater is also very nice with all the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater is great but I really LOVE the cowl! The yarn looks delicious to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that yarn you're using for your cowl. Very pretty sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came back to respond to the question you asked me on my blog. I've co-habited cats and small bunnies for almost 20 years without incident. All my cats have been rather afraid of the bunnies hopping around and leave them alone. The bunnies think this is funny and chase the cats on occasion. I had a female cat take a baby bunny on as her kitten.

    I guess it would depend on the cat. If a cat was a rather aggressive type. Introduce the bunny slowly with short periods out while you are there to supervise until you are sure they will get along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting your treats, loove.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're in the same boat right now. I have a hoodie that's never ending. The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. A sparkly cowl *and* a stripey sweater. I might swoon! They're both looking lovely, and the stripes line up perfectly. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've yet to make a cowl. But I have so many queued! I'll have to jump on that bandwagon soon! LOVE the sparkily yarn!

    ReplyDelete