Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday

THe never-ending kneesocks are moving along. Between being tall and having freakishly large feet, these are taking a while to complete! Here is sock #2, OTN:

So pleased with this yarn, love it!
The yarn is a Zauberball, the newer, almost sport weight version. I like this because it is working up quickly and had a LOT of yardage--I have never been able to get a pair of true knee socks out of a single ball of any other sock yarns!


Other WIPs: 
This cardi has moved to the "complete" pile, though I am not adding buttons--the holes are too low to fit me well. I will use a shawl pin or clasp instead. Finished pix up on FO Friday:
Done! See FO Friday this week for finished pix!
I worked a whole row on this pretty cowl...I ended up getting distracted by the minions I am knitting for a birthday gift (pix and pattern to come).
No progresss...but look, sparkles! And mushrooms!

You'll find more fun WIPs on Tami's Blog, she hosts a WIP Wednesday roundup!
 

13 comments:

  1. You could be short with freakishly large feet and hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone teases me aboutmy "Tyranosaurus Rex" arms--maybe I should switch to armwarmers instead to speed things up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are going to be amazing! And I can't wait to see how your minions turn out. They've been calling to me for ages - not sure how much longer I can resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freakishly large feet here too! Very nice projects. The cardi colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty sock yarn and I love that cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOOVVEEE the socks! The yarn is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the full pic of your cardi. I love it in this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bright colors of your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had no idea Zauberball came in a heavier weight, or in that absolutely wonderful reddish-pink! Those socks will be lovely. The cardigan already is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors for the knee socks, they're going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such bright socks! They'll be cheery for gloomy winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors of those socks! Zauberball is a great yarn to knit with. I just finished a shawl using it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Love Love the yarn of all three of your WIP's. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete