Saturday, July 13, 2013

Painted R2D2 Shoes

THe StarWars crafts continue...
I have a few pairs of TOMS that I'd like to paint, but didn't want to experiment on them -- enter a pair of  cheapie knockoffs from CVS :)

 They were super easy to do using fabric paint and sharpie marker -- I decorated the back and sides as well. They were a big hit with my 9 year old, who is a huge R2D2 fan!

I found a great tutorial on iLoveToCreate which details just how to create your own pair of painted R2D2 shoes if you want to make your own.
This is an in progress shot (I also made a pair of Hogwarts/Ravenclaw flats for my 10 year old, they are in progress here as well). 
We'll be going to Disney/Universal this fall, and these shoes will be cute for touring Hollywood Studios and the Wizarding World, I think!
 
Total cost per pair was $3.00, as I used cheap shoes and on-hand paints and supplies. 


I may be brave enough to take on a pair for myself now, with a (slightly) more grown up design!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment